- Tnooz: Can travel be smart about Smart Computing? Issues with search in the travel industry.
- Roughly drafted magazine: An Adobe Flash developer on why the iPad can’t use Flash. Real reasons why Flash not suited to touch-oriented devices rather than the usual “Jobs-hates-Adobe” crap.
- ReadWriteWeb: Mobile Cloud Computing: $9.5 Billion by 2014. I sort of have a problem in the way that people are confusing mobile web v. apps v. Cloud based services, but you get the point. The numbers will be big.
- MobileCrunch: Maybe AT&T Has Best 3G Network After All. Note reliability #s. Maybe I can’t hear you now.
- Google extends Comparison Ads drive, hints that travel is in its sights. Anytime Google sets its sights on a market, those in it should start to step up their game. How can you create new innovations to stay a step ahead? Direct, undifferentiated competition with Google doesn’t sound like a game most companies would want to play.
- PhoCusWright: Kayak takes on the big guys. It will be very interesting to see what other twists and turns Kayak takes in its ever-evolving business model. Certainly interesting with respect to recent comments that changes in OTA fees have really started to level out the playing field across direct and indirect booking channels. So is the NEED for meta-search reducing? Is that the reasoning behind the changes in strategy that Kayak is taking? Find my take here.
- UpTake Blog: Opening and Running a Hotel – The IHG Way. Good demonstration of how companies build solution accelerators to help their partners and franchisers be successful.
- Tnooz: Concur corporate-booking tool and mobile app land Southwest Airlines
- 4Hoteliers Blog: The great GDS unbundling – not pretty
- Christopher Penn’s Awaken Your Superhero: The reason why your personal brand sucks Just a great read on finding your essential quality and what that means to establishing your personal brand, your value to your organization and others that you touch.
Until next week!