That’s the title of a post I wrote for Tnooz last week as the HITEC show was set to kickoff. As some of the commenters wrote, the advice I give isn’t just useful for hoteliers, but for any company considering leveraging the cloud.
Here are a couple of highlights from the article:
- According the recent IBM Global CIO study, cloud computing notched the highest gains in interest in CIO roadmaps than any other technology
- Cloud computing is not just hot in the enterprise, but was central to many PMS and hotel technology announcements at HITEC
- in evaluating whether to choose a cloud/SaaS solution over on premise you also need to do an honest evaluation of your own IT organization’s ability to manage your infrastructure. Google’s cloud-based Gmail service offers 99.984% availability, which is 46 times better than the averageMicrosoft Exchange implementation.
- Despite the articles about cloud failures and warnings about security, the cloud is probably more secure than your own infrastrucutre and is in use by financial institutions and governments that have more regulatory compliance requirements than travel. Further, major cloud platforms offer better physical and network security than virtually all hotel chains can provide. These examples show that the cloud is not inherently less secure or less available than on premise solutions.
Finally were the Top Six Questions to ask companies offering cloud-based systems:
- Is it really cloud or just cloud-washing?
- Do you have Service Level Agreements on RTO/RPO?
- What are the application availability SLAs?
- Is there an offline mode?
- What about integration with other systems?
- How can I get my data back out (aka data portability)?
Click here to read the original article.